Well, it's official. My little boy will no longer be a baby after tonight. Now, I know what you may be thinking, "Uhh, Bridget? Jack hasn't been a baby in a really long time, you know." I guess because he still sleeps in a crib makes it easy to overlook this fact. But not anymore. That's right, tomorrow morning he is getting his Big Boy Race Car Bed. I'm pretty sure he will be excited about this, but he may miss the security of his crib (or maybe I will be the one missing the security of his crib). It's pretty bittersweet to say the least. I mean I won't be able to contain him, and I worry that his naps will be completely non-existent for a while, or that he will start getting out of bed in the middle of the night, and wreak havoc on the house (but then, how would that be any different than what he does in the middle of the day?). It will be kinda nice to cuddle up with him and read stories, or sit with him when he doesn't feel good. Also, he is REALLY heavy, so lifting him in and out of that crib can be rather challenging on those days where I am so pooped I would rather sleep on the couch then haul my tired self up the stairs to bed. So we'll see. He did have some good times in that crib (as did Auntie Denise) as can be seen from these photos.
He will ALWAYS be my baby!
So in the past couple of days, Miss Paige has reached more milestones (yes, plural). Since she has been so cranky of late, I have gotten into the habit of checking her gums for teeth. As much as I'm dreading them (she already bites me with pit bull strength when she nurses), I just want them to pop on through because I really need a good night's sleep...I don't even remember the last time I got 8 full hours. So Wednesday afternoon, I checked...nothing, oh well. Then that night, after bath, I checked again, and in 4 hours time, one of her bottom middle teeth started to break through! Hopefully she won't abuse me too much, and I really hope I don't have to trade in a good night's sleep for the bottle. I have also decided that she is officially crawling. Yesterday she started taking what I call "crawl steps". She doesn't want to exert herself to much yet, and if the distance seems to far, she gets overwhelmed and asks for help. As long as her goal is attainable, she will crawl a few steps here and there. Jack is NOT pleased.
One tired Mama

When I was little I went through a phase where "I was just teasing" not lying. I remember one instance where my mom went to church and Dad and I stayed home. When I heard a car door, I went to the door and announced that Mom was home, even though our driveway was vacant. I remember my dad sitting on the couch giving me a funny look, and asked if that was true. I told him yes, and again he asked if I was sure, and I repeated that Mom was home. So when he went to check for himself (he must have known it was too early for her to have returned), of course her car wasn't there, and neither was she. He got angry with me for lying, and I got angry with him for accusing me of lying when I clearly had been just teasing. I think in the end I got sent to my room. Anyhow, this kind of thing was a fairly common occurrence with me. Well, now it seems Jack is just teasing, too, or maybe just arguing. He's been telling me that certain things are pink, when he clearly knows it is green, or he tells me that Daddy's home, when he knows that he is at work (sound familiar?). The funniest, however, was yesterday when Rich pointed to Paige and asked Jack who she was. He didn't say anything at first, so Rich asked him if she was "Baby Paige Sister". Jack said that in fact she was not Baby Paige Sister. So Rich asked again who she was. Finally Jack told him that she was Dirty (in her defence she was very clean!). Rich laughed and said that she wasn't dirty and insisted that she was Baby Paige Sister. Those two argued their points, and I'm not sure who caved first, as I had to leave the room to hide my laughter. So it makes me wonder, what is the difference between a lie and a joke? Is it the motivation behind each? Hmm.
"I'm Just Teasing!"
Guy Time
Never too old to play with cars
Umm, I think you are a little too interested!

I have just one last thing before I post: The Kirby salesman came to our house again tonight. I do have a history with these guys, since I stupidly let one in my house last summer (in a huge moment of weakness). Last year I couldn't get this guy and then his manager to leave my house for three hours. This year was different; oh yeah, I'm calling it, "Kirby...The Reckoning".
No comments:
Post a Comment