Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Catching Up!

February was sort of a big month for us. Rich and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on the 16th by going to one of our favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot. It's hard to believe that it has been 7 years!

Paige picked out some cute Little Mermaid panties, and both kids thought this would be the best use of them.

Rich had Birthday. He looks pretty good for 42, huh?


Happy Birthday, Dear Daddy!

That's some good frosting

Pants are overrated!



I don't want to sit on this potty, NO THANK YOU!!

You can't make me sit here!

Whew! So much better now that I can wear my high heels and panties!

My apologies to my fan club for not posting anything new for 6 weeks. I don't really have a good reason for my absence except that I haven't taken many pictures lately. I think the wildness of Christmas made me check out for a while, but I will try to do better in the future about posting more regularly.

Jack has been doing great in school--I'm so proud of how well he is progressing. We just had his parent teacher conferences, and I was amazed to see the changes he has made since September. He can now draw his whole family (he couldn't even draw a face at the beginning), write his name, and even identify most of the alphabet. We had some concerns that he was falling slightly behind in his development at the beginning of the school year because of his social skills, but after having him tested through our school district, we have learned that he is exactly where he is supposed to be! We were even told that he may be on the "more" mature side of the curve (but as I'm typing this he is being super silly with Paige, so I don't necessarily believe that). We were warned that he may have a tendency to be a perfectionist (hmm, wonder where he gets that?), so we need to provide examples of making mistakes and learning from them or fixing them without getting to emotional over it.

Paige has started potty training, or rather I've started training. She doesn't want much to do with it sometimes, but she really wants to wear her panties and be a big kid like Jack--she just wants to do it on her terms. I know that some day she will really appreciate the pictures I posted of her on the potty. Man, I feel like I did all of this with Jack not that long ago!

Rich has a new a job. He's selling construction products like pipe and even bridges (pre-manufactured). I'm so proud of him! I know this hasn't been an easy transition for him: going from design to sales is a pretty big leap, but he's really good at both. I know that he will succeed in whatever he puts his mind to.

So I've been getting serious about getting into shape again. This means spending lots of time at the gym. The kids have been very gracious to allow me to go most mornings. I've been doing spin classes a couple of times a week, a couple of days of running, and three days of weights. Hopefully next week I'll be able to add a third day of running, but I've had to ease myself into it even slower than I expected to because of stupid shin splints. It's ok, though, I've enjoyed the cross training.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeahhh! All of your blogfans are happy to see you back in print. Love, Aunt Kathy