Ladies in the bed already?
After these two munchkins were found in bed together, I thought maybe they needed a break from each other...so I took the kids to visit my Mom, Steve, and Deni in Lafayette. Ok, I wasn't really worried about where Jack's hands were (hey where are they, though?), but I did want to take the kids to visit their grandparents and Denise before their auntie had to start school. Before we we went, we hosted play group, and we had a full and rambunctious house, but I have to note that Jack was a terrific host: he shared without complaint, he didn't throw any tantrums, and he even ate most of his lunch. Maybe I am doing something right!

Rich thinks Jack is too old for bath pictures, so this may be his last one.
Just a delicate flower!
Just getting ready to clean house
Doesn't Jack look lovely in my headband? Such style!
When we got to the grandparents' house, we realized that we forgot an extra pack-n-play, so Ceana's crate was the only place we could put Jack for naps and bedtime. Yeah, I'm totally making things up. He actually slept in their guest bed and didn't have any issues. He is really adjusting well to being in a big boy bed. As for this picture, the dog crate really is one of Jack's favorite places to play when goes to their house, and luckily Ceana is a generous little dog who doesn't mind sharing with this half feral little boy (especially since he is contained), confusing as it may be for her.
A rare moment of sitting still (and doesn't he look happy about it!)
Jack frames up nicely
Paige and Grandpa
Paige and Auntie
These next photos were taken at a children's museum call W.O.W. (World of Wonder). He really loved playing with this train set, and it was so funny because a little boy who was about a year younger was an absolute disaster while playing with the trains. I just remember Jack being the same way and feeling the same frustrations as that mother did. I was really proud of Jack for sharing the train so well and not feeding off of the other kid's tantrums. It's too bad that it took another kid having problems to make me appreciate where Jack is right now, but then again I will be going through it all over again when Paige hits that stage in a year. Joy.
These next couple of pictures demonstrate just how mobile and active Paigie is right now. She CANNOT be contained! It seems like after only a week of crawling, she has decided that she has mastered that feat, and now she is going to try to start walking...or maybe she just doesn't like crawling on her knees so she trying to use her feet instead. All I know is that she is fast, and she is getting on Jack's last nerve. Oh, and nothing is safe on our coffee table anymore...one of our magazines became Paige fodder. (Just a little extra fiber)
Don't let this next photo fool you, Denise isn't having that much fun here, but thank goodness for iPods...can always have a favorite movie on hand. W.O.W. used to be one of her favorite places to go, but you'd never guess that now.
Jack enjoyed the next room since it had a piano that he was actually allowed to bang on 'til his heart's content, and no one told him to take it easy on the drums. I think it may be a little early to decide if he is prodigy material yet.

His favorite part of the museum was the pirate ship. Arrrr Matey!
Land Ho!
Grandpa, Paige, and Me
We also went to the park, and as can be seen, Paige's favorite part was chewing on her hat. Ah, the simple things. 
Just peeking
I had to use my ninja skills to catch Deni having fun
Before we left town, we made sure to have lunch with my bestest friend, AnaLisa, and her darling boyfriend, David. Doesn't she look so natural holding a baby? I can't help to notice that David is very comfortable as well. Hmmm.

2 comments:
Looks like you guys have been busy and having fun. The WOW musuem looks awesome and the park with the aligator--very cool! Looks like Paige might be an early walker:)
Busy little bees, you are. I think Analisa is the lovely host of your most recent baby shower, right? That was fun, hard to believe it has been almost a year. Speaking of that, did our plates ever turn out?
Post a Comment