Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jack's First Preschool Year in Review

Since Jack's graduation today, I decided to go through a CD of pictures that Jack gave me for Mother's day. The pictures were taken all year by his teacher Mrs. Cooper, and there were a total of 272 photographs, so be thankful I'm only showing 14! It's hard to believe that a whole school year has gone by already.



He loves this art table--I have a lot of pictures of him at this table using up all of the stickers.


I think he smuggled his sunglasses into school this day, which leads me to have some guesses on where he lost his old pair...


At the beginning of the school year, I really worried that he didn't play with any friends, but he got more social as the year went on.



I think this was one of their "transportation" days, and I'm guessing they have made a bus.


Future Archaeologist?






I don't think they are boycotting...actually they are waving their USA flags in support of the Winter Olympics.


Last September, Jack started school as a very shy boy, and was a little insecure about going to school on his own. He was very brave and had a great attitude about learning, so he didn't let his insecurities get the better of him. He has grown so much: He writes his name, identifies his ABCs, has gotten to be more confident with his friends, and has developed a true love of stickers. He takes school very seriously, and consequently he spouts off random information to me when I least expect it. Don't ever try to get any information on how his day was at school, because he doesn't seem to remember what he learned or what they talked about. (The only thing he could tell me is what he had for snack.) There are times he'll just break into a song that I didn't know that he knew, or he'll just walk across the room like a crab. When asked where he learned these things, he responds (usually) "in school", but the tone of voice is saying, "DUH!!" (His other answer is "because I just know it: I'm smart.")

I was afraid to tell him that he was going to have a different teacher next year, but he asked about school next fall, so I decided to be truthful. I thought he would be devastated that he wouldn't be in Mrs. Cooper and Mrs. Rose's class any more, but he had such a healthy attitude about getting a new teacher and meeting new friends. When I asked if he would be sad about not seeing his beloved teachers from this year, he told me that he wasn't because he would see them around and he could give them a hug anytime! Whooo, sigh of relief!

No comments: