Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quality Quiet Time


Jack went to a birthday party where he was given a 65 piece jigsaw puzzle as a party favor. Best present ever! He worked on that Mickey Mouse puzzle 2-4 times a day for a couple of weeks. Knowing he'd get bored soon, I got him a 100 piece Spiderman puzzle and put it away in his closet. He found it today, and asked to get it out at quiet time. (A side note here, "quiet time" has replaced his nap time over the last year, and in the last couple of months it's gotten fairly rambunctious and not so quiet.) I thought he had fallen asleep, but when I went to check on him, he was happily putting the puzzle together. It took him just under 3 hours to finish, and he never once asked for help! What a good day...

Totally unrelated to the puzzle, I'm looking at this picture of him, and wow--he looks so grown up! I don't know if it's his new haircut, but when did he get so old? Doesn't smoking stunt growth? I think I'll start giving him cigarettes--just kidding!!

No comments: