I had mistakenly convinced myself that the children had gotten over the "hump" of their most recent colds. A couple of nights ago, Jack woke up around 3 am to go potty, which was a little out of the norm because he usually makes it through the night. Anyway, as I tucked him back in bed, he told me that he needed to go back to the doctor because his ear hurt again. He didn't seem to be too unhappy about it, but I remembered that he got an ear infection at the end of another cold. So I gave him some Tylenol just to be safe. Twenty minutes later he needed some water. Then at 5 am I woke to screaming, this time asking Rich to go and check on him. Unfortunately for both of us, Jack is going through a "Only Mama Can Fix the Problem/Comfort Me" phase. He was completely inconsolable and inarticulate, so I gave him some Motrin and brought him to bed with us. Once he finally stopped moaning and fell asleep, Paige woke up. I made an appointment first thing for him, and sure enough...both ears had a very bad infection and the doctor said his ear drums were bulging...YIKES! Needless to say, we had a pretty rough, yet movie filled day yesterday. Luckily we all got a good night's sleep (and his fever is gone) after his two doses of antibiotics yesterday, and he is back to his old tricks of pushing his sister over...and is currently in timeout.
15 years ago
1 comment:
No fun:( What's your secret for getting Jack to stay dry at night? Ava's fine during the day, but we're scared to try going w/out a pullup at night because she always has a full pullup in the morning...even when we try to limit water(?)
Post a Comment